Saturday, April 12, 2008

Little ones

Now that it is pretty obvious to anyone seeing me in person, I've decided I ought to announce that we are excitedly expecting our first two babies in October. One of the biggest surprises for me has been how worried I am already about my children. I wish I could get my own ultrasound machine so I could check up on them more often, maybe make sure baby A isn't teasing baby B.... My cousin Aliza had twins a year and a half ago (both almost 8 lbs. at birth) and I was fascinated by how big she got- all this is a bit more concerning now. I'd outgrown all of my clothes at 10 weeks, so John and I went on an emergency maternity clothes shopping spree today. To celebrate our new additions, my Aunt Susan (grandmother of the twins) gave me a set of harnesses as a gift.
The doctor won't be able to tell the genders of our little ones for a few more weeks, but we are anxious to find out, so while we were at Toys 'R Us John consulted the magic 8 ball, and it turns out that we are expecting two girls! "It is certain." I suppose this should answer the question of whether this will be John V and/or John VI.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

We're so excited for you! and Twins too. That's so awesome. So you're 10 weeks along? We wish you the best through all this!

Eric & Sarah

connie said...

Congratulations and bless your hearts! I have already added "bless john and edna and the babies 'in progress' to my list of people to bless. It is great to see everyone's stories on the blogs. I have had fun seeing Molly kicking and goo-gooing and I have seen Kate and Sean's yard and Ellie's swim suit! Now I just need to get Charlie to add me onto his super-dee-duper secret list of people who can see their site. How 'bout it Charlie?

my best to you all and keep on blogging!

love, aunt connie
lambiepie98@gmail.com

connie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!AND BLESS BOTH YOUR HEARTS!! SINCE I HEARD THE NEWS, I HAVE ADDED "BLESS JOHN AND EDNA AND THE BABIES 'IN THE OVEN' TO MY LIST OF PEOPLE TO BLESS. :)
I SURELY DO PRAY THAT ALL GOES VERY WELL FOR YOU ALL. DO YOU HAVE THE ADDRESS FOR BLAIR AND ELSA'S BLOG?
blairandelsa.blogspot.com and there is a link to Matt and Patricia's from there. It is fun to see everyone's stories unfolding. I have watched Molly's videos. and seen the swim suit for Ellie! Now I just need to get Charlie and AM to add me to their list of secret viewers. Charlie, what about it?
my e-mail: lambiepie98@gmail.com
why did she pick such a dumb e-mail name? well...my real name is pretty boring/generic and grandma Harris used to call me 'lambiepie' when I was a little girl. Now you know! My best to all,
LOVE AND KISSES,

AUNT CONNIE

Mona said...

The worrying never ends...
Many times Bryant and I woke up to listen to Layla breathe at night both because we worried but mostly because we were amazed by the miracle of life. We are filled with joy! Mona

Toria said...

Congratulations Edna! that's so exciting. I hope you don't mind that I just hopped on your blog through the Heiney's and was so excited by your big news! That's wonderful, hope you're feeling good, My advice on maternity wear is shade shirts! They are great and you don't feel like so much of a tent. I never wore the maternity ones and you saw how big I was although, with twins you may want to, I don't know! Good luck, I'll check back in to see/ hear your progress!

Allison said...

What?!!! I am so excited for you both. I must say I had to re-read it. Wow, I can't wait to hear about your progress as time goes on. Lots of love from us!