Sunday, January 27, 2008

John's approval

John's dad has a tradition that I love. He calls each of his children every week, interviews them for fifteen minutes, and writes up the highlights from each child in the family journal. When I went home to meet his parents, I got my hands on the journal. The most memoral phrase described a period of our dating where I wasn't totally sure what I wanted to do about John, and I was described as "busy, scatter-brained, or just doesn't care" (a direct quote from John). For the record, I was probably a little bit of all three, though I might substitute "as terrified as ever of dating someone" for "just doesn't care". It was hillarilous to read about it a year or so later. No in-law has seen the journal since. However, John's response to my writing the blog is "for now we'll consider it even stephen with the family journal". So I took a picture and ran.

3 comments:

Kelly and Kimberly said...

Hooray for the Mullens! We're so excited that you have a blog.

Lynita said...

This picture looks so familiar to me...Oh it is because my husband often sits in our bed with the lap top.

Mona said...

Cute photo!
Bryant and I also live with our laptops in bed.