Sunday, June 29, 2008

John's new theme song and 21 week ultrasound

John and I don't do much of interest very often, but here are a few highlights from the last few weeks.


John's new theme song



John loves YouTube. I'll leave it at that, but every so often I'll ask if he's found anything interesting. A few days ago I walked in our room and noticed he was watching this
John would love to live like cookie monster. Last night I dragged him out to help me grocery shop, so of course we came home with a box of sugar cookies, which he had for breakfast with some cookie juice on the side.


21 Week Ultrasound


We had another ultrasound where the doctor took some "4-D" pictures (whatever that means). Everyone seems to talk about baby A first so I want to start with baby B .

Baby B (or, "Xena: Warrior Princess", as we call her) looks like she has my pug nose, and I think she sort of looks like my family from the picture. She is further back and so a bit fuzzier on all the ultrasounds. She's roughly 12 oz., which is about average for someone her age.

This is the pug nose I'm talking about- that's me at about 3 1/2. This picture comes from the compilation of pictures of me as a kid I made to help prepare my mother-in-law for the great likelihood that she will have chubby, unattractive grand-babies.

And Baby A (or "Athena: Goddess of War", as we call her) is pictured here. I think she looks like her daddy, though the doctor pointed out that she has quite the healthy pot belly. Nuts. That comes from me. My belly was so big when I was little that I refused to wear pants until I was maybe 6 or so. She is about 15 oz., which is about average for a someone a week older than she.

The womb names above come from John. He says the babies are wagging war on my belly, so they have war- themed names. Every afternoon and any time I lay down they move and kick like crazy. It's like popcorn popping in my belly. I'm told that mom's can feel twins sooner and more intensely than singletons, so I've been able to feel A since about 9 weeks, and B since about 14 (she's further back and higher). B was the first to give a good kick and she just happened to do this for her daddy.



Weekend Entertainment



Last weekend John and I went into the city to meet with two of his former classmates Sergy and Yu-Im and their spouses Jen and Yao for lunch. Yu-Im and Yao's son Sean also made a cameo appearance. After lunch John and I dropped off Sergy and Jen at the Brooklyn Bridge, then went to the Cloisters museum. I'd given up trying to find maternity clothes to wear, so I borrowed one of John's shirts and we went through the day matchy-matchy with khakis and blue plaid shirts. John only has three different shirts, though he owns about 20 shirts. Dude, why don't they make women's clothes that comfortable?



Yesterday John's coworker Mike took us out on his sailboat for the afternoon. We'd gone with sailing with him last fall, and somehow both days were perfect. When we lived in Boston we had free access to the boat house and sailboats, so John learned to sail a dingy and could help sail the bigger sailboat. My main job was to stay out of the way.

6 comments:

Sister Mullen said...

Edna, you were a darling little girl! and you grew into a beautfiul woman. Of course, since they are our grandchildren, we will think Xena and Athena are wonderful. If they look just like you, we will be even more delighted. If they become the kind of women that their mother is we will be blessed. Take good care of yourself, the girls and the Cookies Monster (he gets that from me!).

Paul said...

During the many finals weeks for which John and I were roommates at BYU, John would make Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookie DOUGH and we'd eat THAT for breakfast all during finals weeks. I give it credit for my spectacular grades and bright future! Thanks John!

Mona said...

Bryant's theme song is the same of course.. The ultrasound photos are amazing because the babies are beautiful. We are amazed at how much Layla does look like the ultrasound we had of her. I am so excited and happy for you....Mona

Lynita said...

Love the womb names, so funny! I keep telling Ryan that any time I sit or lay down this one is all over the place, I can only imagine what it would be like with 2!

Libbey Toys said...

Paul- I hear you are connected with many of John's excellent habits- like hitting the snooze button more than a dozen times in a morning.

Allison said...

I love the 4D pictures. I'm still not sure what the difference is with 3D. Let me know. Maybe I'll get one for my next child. All of mine are the good-ol'-fashioned alien pics.