Sunday, July 06, 2008

Home Alone

John spent the July 4th weekend with his family in San Francisco so he could participate in the blessing of our newest niece Ellie-Jane (and meet our next newest niece 4-month-old Molly). We decided that it would be a rough trip for the other three of us, so I stayed home alone. When John and I are both home we don't get much done. I think it's just that we do the old "what you want to do?" "I don't know. What do you want to do" "I don't know" (etc.). So with John gone...

Day 1 I searched for, bought, and assembled a clothes sorter, over-the-door ironing board, and shelving unit for the closet; cleaned the living room, bathrooms, master bed room, and dining room (including scraping the paint speckles off the window). I also emptied and organized the big closet and started cleaning the guest room. My wonderful "old lady cart" really helped out throughout the day. After 12 hours of hard work, I decided I that my day job is a lot less work than a day off. I also stopped by our church party for a few hours. My brain was gone and I was worn out, but it was fun.


Day 2 I Decided to take it easy(er). I started the day with yoga and cleaned the fridge, emptied the guest closet (so I can put in new shelves), then turned the newly cleaned dining room into a sewing room. While on the phone with my sisters, I made a canvas bag for John's "Grandpa Golf" game, some shoe covers for John's shoes, and a hooded towel for the babies.


I also found a great furntiture store that we had missed, and bought a buffet at another store (this was a violation of our "no purchases over $50 w/o approval from the other spouse," but I will totally return it if I need to).


Day 3 Church and a nap. Getting dressed was the great challenge of the day. I have no dresses or skirts that fit, so I tried to be creative. I was not completely successful.


I'm getting huge! (the picture is a week old- I can't get in that dress now) Only 3 1/2 more months!

9 comments:

Charlie and Amparo said...

Edna

You look beautiful! Your belly is darling. I love your new furniture. We miss you very much.

-am and charlie

Anonymous said...

Look at those curves. That is quite a tummy. Your Dad is about to pop with pride at all his grandchildren here and coming.

Kelly and Kimberly said...

Edna, You are so beautiful. I can't believe how darling you look. Keep the pictures coming. What a cute pregnant girl. I can't wait to see those little babies.

Mona said...

You have officially started nesting and for twins it but double nesting

You continue to glow !

Amanda said...

I can't believe how good you look! I don't know that I've ever seen a pregnant woman (especially with twins) look that great at that point!

Luella said...

Edna! You look so beautiful! I saw Allison Sperry at the 4th of July parade and found your blog from hers. Great to see you online, you look great and congratulations on the pregnancy. Have I gathered right that you're expecting twins?

Luella

Allison said...

You know what? We're the same way. I get much more done when Reid's not home with me. We end up just chillin'. You are adorable!

Tamie said...

How fun to hear from you. Congratulations on twins! Amanda (Brinley) Christiensen was over last night. If you can believe it, she's pregnant with her second set of twins. Both one boy and one girl. It's so fun to see you doing so well.

Jeannie Young said...

Edna! So good to hear from you! I'm so glad you found my blog. Allison Sperry (I don't know her married name!) found it too and I noticed your blog on hers. I was going to contact you, but you beat me to it! =) It sounds like you are doing great. Pregnant with twins! How exciting! We are in the New Haven, CT area, so I'm sure you are really close to us. We are only an 1 1/2 hour train ride to NYC. Maybe one of these days we will have to get together. It will be great to keep in touch through our blogs. Enjoy your weekend!