Sunday, June 01, 2008

Week 18

I'm becoming indoctrinated into the mommy world. My life completely revolves around my kids, so that I now even count my time in their age. No big news lately- but we've been getting prepared for the days when I will be gigantic and less mobile. I've bought a few essentials, including a double snap-and-go that we are totally excited about. John noted that the pajamas I found would accommodate even his head- which is great considering that our little ones are each likely inherit genes for a large head from at least one parent. They've recently started another growth spurt (meaning I have too), after staying about the same size for about a month. This is me at 18 weeks and more than that many new pounds, along with some of the mess I need to get cleared away. I hear that 18 weeks is about the time that most single pregancies start to "show."



And John wanted to document my over-sugared breakfast. The berries were a bit tart, but not enough to need the 1/2 cup that exploded everywhere. Still, it was really good!



On the right is my favorite picture from our Bernanke dinner. After dinner we missed the train that John wanted to catch, so we hung out in the Roosevelt Hotel. We also missed the next train. John is starting to realize that a pregnant woman in heels doesn't move too fast through NYC (dude, NYC has more grates than anywhere!).

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Edna: You look so great for being pregnant with twins. Wish I had looked so good with any of my pregnancies!

Lynita said...

I agree with with Amanda, you look amazing, especially for having twins! Seriously I think you are in for a fun ride! Way to go on the double snap and go, I think it is perfect for twins.

Charlie and Amparo said...

Edna, you look great pregnant!

-CAM & AM

Nathan and Sarah said...

You do look amazing Edna! The pajamas on the head is a good look for you John. Pretty soon you will do that and you will receive the most amazing giggles in return! Soon enough!

Sarah

Allison said...

I'm glad your taking pictures along the way. You'll be so glad you have them later. My mom didn't take very many pictures during pregnancies (including the twins) and we all wish she had. You look great!

Maren said...

Hey Edna! Meredith sent me your blog address...we were just in New York last weekend. What a great city! You must be having a blast living there...you can check out our blog at cupitchronicle.blogspot.com. Congats on the bambinos!

Charlie and Amparo said...

The pink outfit on john's head, at first looked like he put a turkey over his head. Now I hope john knows that he has out grown his pink pj.

--Charlie