Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Trouble is brewing already

In the last few weeks changes have come quickly. Walking has become Macy's preferred means of transportation. She has started to put things on - a particular liking for purses (which is odd, since neither Edna or I really use any type of handbag). And as these photos show, she has started to talk on her calculator:

I thought I had at least another 18 months before behavior like this came along. I can already hear it: "Hey dad, for only $90 more per month, we can get unlimited minutes and texting; that's a great deal isn't it?"

Uhg.

6 comments:

Sister Mullen said...

Oh my goodness... How cute is that little girl with her purse and "phone"?!! She looks so serious. I'd love to listen in on the thoughts in her head. Tell Macy she can have a phone as soon as she learns to use the calculator. That should buy you a year.

Charlie and Amparo said...

Good luck. She's so cute. We sure miss her and Cam.

Kate said...

I think these girls come hardwired to do these things. Ellie also has a calculator that she talks on. Macy sure looks cute doing it!

Lynita said...

LOL! Those pix are awesome! I love that she has the purse and the phone, such a girl!

Denise said...

John, because we're friends, I feel I need to point out 2 big problems here:

1. You better not use a handbag -- you're a guy -- so it's a very good thing she didn't get that from you.

2. The girls are 1 and Macy has her "own" calculator? Funny, but not surprising.

And lastly, I'd just like to add that I think it's a good thing that early on in your parenting you are disabused of the notion that your children will or will not do things because you or your spouse do or don't do them. Ah... if only it was that easy.

Kent and Char said...

That is too cute!! We have ours starting at 6 so beware!!