Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Run in with the law

I had a plan of writing every Sunday evening, but things have come up lately. Like two weeks ago. After dinner, John and I were having a discussion, so he decided to go for a walk to think. Apparently quite a few of our neighbors found it suspicious that a Caucasian male about 5 foot, 10 inches tall, slight build, in a blue parka would go out walking alone at night, so much so that they called the police. The village police department dispatched four cars to find my suspiciously behaving Johnny, and one of them picked him up, searched him for weapons, ran his name, and brought him home.

John tells me that he was lucky I wasn't in the front room when they brought him back. With my tendency to say just the wrong thing at the wrong time (and wrong place, like airport security- yes, I'm sure most of you have heard the stories) he probably would have been locked up for years!

6 comments:

Allison said...

That is the funniest thing I've heard in a while. And I must agree at his fortunate circumstances that you were not in the front room!

Anonymous said...

Hello cousin. Nathan pointed me to your blog. It is hilarious and I enjoyed catching up with your life. Thank you for the fun read.

Sarah said...

John,
I've always had my suspicions. We may have to revoke our letter of recommendation because the neighbors don't trust you and we don't want them to not trust us. If you need to lay low for a while let us know and you can come visit Boston.
Eric & Sarah

Kate said...

How many Brooks Brother's items were you wearing at the time? Maybe they can start a new line for criminals:)

Nathan and Sarah said...

Walking alone at night by yourself? Inconcievable! Only a person of nefarious character would ever have the effrontery to do such a thing!

I guess Johnny does have a suspicious look to him, especially with that red bandana over his mouth...

-Nathan

Bryant said...

I called the coppers on him. Last time a skinny white person was walking around the neighborhood alone at night like that, Martha steward landed up in jail for insider trading!