Saturday, March 07, 2009

Valentines, eating, teeth, and splashing

Valentines

This Valentine's day the girls and I made John a Valentine. Since most of our days are quickly consumed with eating, cleaning, and playing, the girls and I took just over two days to get this done.


The girls opened presents for the first time.


Eating

And we started feeding the girls solids. This is how they each reacted. Things are going much better now.


Teeth

The theme of the family this week is teeth. John and I both went to the dentist after a two year hiatus, and Macy cut her first tooth last Saturday with her second appearing a day later. Here she is Saturday night with just one tooth. No teeth for Camy, but she likes her feet


Splashing

For the last few weeks I've been waiting for Macy to start splashing in the bath. That girl has so much spunk that I expected that she would enjoy splashing. It turned out I was right. Last night I was about to pull the plug on the bath when she gave a few little kicks that quickly progressed to flailing arms and legs, and soon we had a half empty tub and a wet kitchen. She had so much fun that I just had to laugh with her and leave the mess for later.


And here are the girls dressed up for church. I think that smile shows about how much Macy enjoyed her bath. Camy is a very smiley girl, but not for cameras.

5 comments:

Sister Mullen said...

Thanks for all the new pictures! You get the most fun expressions in your photos. Congrats to Macy on her new teeth and to Camy for finding her toes (honest, it's a big deal for little people). I'm completely impressed with the Valentines and cake, I don't care how many days it took. The girls look so dear in their church dresses. Wish we were there to walk the halls with them as that's probably where they are once they get to church. Love to each and all.

Kate said...

The girls are adorable. They are growing up so fast! They look beautiful in their Sunday dresses!

Love you guys!

Allison said...

I can't believe how big they seem! (I'll probably say that each time you post new pictures.) Your Valentine for John is pretty impressive. I should do something better next year. I'm glad you're enjoying all of the fun moments.

Lynita said...

I love it! I can't believe that Macy has two teeth! Owen is teething so fiercely right now, but no teeth have cut yet! I love your valentine, so beautiful! Splashing in the bath is one of my kids favorite things, I am glad that the girls enjoy it too! By the way I love the new look of your blog!

Charlie and Amparo said...

The Valentine cake looks YuMMY! Camy and Macy are getting so big. We love all the pictures. Thanks for posting them.